Jack McBrideShareholder email@example.com
Jack McBride focuses his practice on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity. He has experience in a wide range of industries, including media, financial services, technology, manufacturing, aerospace and consumer products, and has represented acquirers, sellers and others in connection with a wide variety of both public and private transactions.
For more than 30 years, Jack has advised boards, special committees and executive management regarding M&A, joint venture, financing and other deal strategies and structures. He has served as a legal advisor to corporations, private equity and other financial services firms, providing them with strategic, as well as day-to-day legal advice.
Jack represents a wide range of major real estate and other clients as securities counsel in their EB-5 financings. Jack also served as general counsel to a major national media company where he was responsible for all of its corporate, real estate, financing, intellectual property and other legal matters.
- Private equity
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Entertainment and media
- EB-5 financing and securities
- NBC Acquisition of Universal Pictures
- Sony Acquisition of MGM
- Loews Cineplex Legal Matters
- Merger of Loews Theatres with Cineplex Odeon Corporation to form one of the world’s largest movie exhibition chains.
- $300 million acquisition of Grupo Cinemex, one of the largest movie exhibition chains in Mexico.
- Acquisition of 50% interest in the Megabox Cineplex movie exhibition chain in South Korea.
- Establishment of $1 billion Senior Bank Facility and $300 million; Subordinated Note Facility and issuance of 10 million shares of common stock.
- Supervised successful negotiation and closing of over $500 million Exit; Financing in connection with LCE’s emergence from Chapter 11.
- Formation of Yelmo Cineplex, a Spanish joint venture that owns and operates one of the largest movie exhibition chains in Spain.
- Supervised successful restructuring of company and subsidiaries under Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the United States and CCAA in Canada.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2005-2016, 2018-2019
- Recipient, Human Rights First, Los Angeles Pro Bono Star Award, 2017
- Active in Pro Bono Representation, including representation of unaccompanied alien children (working with KIND (Kids in Need of Defense)), and asylum applicants (working with Human Rights First).
- Member, American Bar Association
J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 1982
- Senior Notes and Comments Editor, St. John’s Law Review
- M.A., high honors, The University of St. Andrews, 1977
- New York