Jason C. McDonaldShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason C. McDonald is a shareholder in the firm’s corporate practice. Jason has a broad-based business transactional practice representing both public and private companies in many industries, including consumer products, media and software, manufacturing, automotive, lending and financial services, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, clean energy and technology.
Jason has deep experience representing transaction participants in connection with mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, tender offers, joint ventures, restructurings and other general corporate transactions. In addition, he often represents start-ups and other early stage companies through all stages of their growth, including obtaining initial seed capital, conducting preferred stock offerings and consummating exit transactions.
In addition, Jason has considerable experience representing sponsors, investors, developers and entrepreneurs in joint ventures, strategic alliances and other arrangements related to commercial real estate and hospitality transactions throughout the United States.
Jason also provides practical, business-oriented general corporate representation and advice.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Corporate governance
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Property-assessed clean energy
- General corporate
- Represented Buyers and Sellers in M&A transactions ranging from $1 million to several hundred million.
- Represented companies and venture capital investors in preferred stock offerings, follow-on offerings and pay-to-play offerings ranging from several million to greater than $30 million.
- Represented joint venture participants in connection with the acquisition, development and operation of projects throughout the United States.
- Represented institutional investor in the establishment of one of the first property assessed clean energy (PACE) programs in the State of Florida.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2018-2023
- Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
- Board of Directors, Florida Citrus Sports, 2015-Present
- Champions Gala Committee, Special Olympics, 2009
- Legal Counsel, Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2003-2007
- Leadership Orlando, Class 68
- Member, The Florida Bar Association
J.D., magna cum laude, Florida State University College of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Florida State University Law Review
- Nine Book Awards
- B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, Colorado State University