Shawn R. McInteeShareholder Shawn.McIntee@gtlaw.com
Shawn McIntee represents public and private businesses on a broad spectrum of legal matters, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, technology and software transactions, capital raising, and corporate and commercial law (including contracts, electronic commerce, advertising, AdTech and FinTech). He represents automobile companies, manufacturers, technology companies, emerging companies, software companies, law firms, service companies, and financial services companies in large-scale global and national commercial transactions, including regularly advising on technology matters. He supports the entrepreneurial community through his longstanding role as review board member for the Minnesota Cup—the largest statewide startup competition in the country.
Shawn’s mergers and acquisitions practice includes advising public and private buyers and sellers, including private equity firms, on a wide variety of domestic and international M&A transactions, including the sale and purchase of divisions and management buyouts as well as the formation of joint ventures. He advises clients in a wide range of industries, including software and technology, retail, agricultural, consumer products, services, manufacturing, and financial services.
In the intellectual property field, Shawn represents Fortune 500 companies creating, using, and purchasing technology. He drafts and negotiates complex transactions involving technology and intellectual property rights, including SaaS agreements, hosting agreements, traditional and Agile software development agreements, joint ventures, and license agreements. His practice also extends to advertising and marketing, much of which is technology and intellectual property related. He regularly reviews, negotiates, and prepares agreements dealing with media, agency/client agreements, licensing of intellectual property rights, and media purchasing. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Shawn gained valuable insight and acumen working for IBM and NCR.
Shawn has deep knowledge in the automotive industry, where he has represented automotive OEMs and suppliers in negotiating countless large scale commercial agreements. These include projects relating to autonomous vehicles, electrification, software development, licensing, and subscriptions, such as SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS, advertising, supply chain, and logistics.
- Represented an automotive EV software company in its sale to a global data analytics, software, and consumer intelligence company.°
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in connection with a large-scale managed services agreement.°
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in connection with international advertising technology transaction.°
- Regularly represents a large public company in negotiation of multimillion-dollar custom software development agreements.°
- Regularly represents a large public company in connection with procuring IT functionality, procuring advertising, and protecting its marketing and advertising intellectual property.°
- Represented an international public company in connection with a U.S. and international joint venture for the exploitation of patented intellectual property.°
- Represented employment screening service provider in a sale to a private equity group in a multimillion-dollar transaction that also involved a pre-close spin-off of a software business.°
- Represented pipeline manufacturer in a sale transaction to a public corporation.°
- Represented a large multinational corporation based in England in connection with the acquisition of a large manufacturer.°
- Represented a management team in connection with the management buyout of a regional medical device distributor.°
- Represented an internet-related technology company in the sale of its stock to a large multinational advertising company.°
- Represented a large internet-based company in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of various operating subsidiaries.°
- Represented a national manufacturer in connection with the sale and divestiture of various operating companies.°
- Represented a multinational Australia-based corporation in connection with the acquisition of a United States-based feed mill business.°
- Represented a family owner in connection with the sale of a multi-dealer automobile business.°
- Represented a large regional paint manufacturer, distributor, and reseller in connection with the acquisition of several operating businesses.°
- Represented environmental recycling company in the acquisition of several operating business units.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. McIntee prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Minnesota Cup
- Member, Grand Prize Review Board, 2010-Present
- Member, Biosciences Division Review Board, 2006-2009
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1994
- B.S., University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management, 1988