Maribel is a shareholder with Greenberg Traurig’s Tallahassee office with a concentrated practice in local government, environmental, and land use law.
With 30 years of experience which includes local government, environmental, land use, brownfields, construction with an emphasis in negotiating and resolving complex environmental permitting, due diligence, and litigation matters, Maribel serves as environmental and land use counsel on multi-million-dollar projects and transactions. She advises lending institutions on environmental liability, including permitting and remediation projects associated with collateral property subject to foreclosure proceedings. She counsels regulated clients on complex litigation matters. Her practice includes counseling and litigation on environmental aspects in real estate transactions, commercial foreclosure proceedings, bankruptcy cases, environmental investigations, remediation projects, brownfields development, and evaluating risks and costs associated with potential environmental cleanup and third-party liability, as well as on regulatory and permitting technical aspects of complex contamination remediation projects.
Additional experience includes advising local government boards and negotiating settlement of all types of complex environmental violations with federal, state and municipal governmental agencies. Maribel’s key clients include property owners, Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, banks and local governments.
- Environmental law
- Complex environmental litigation
- Environmental counsel to Chapter 11 debtors in bankruptcy
- Environmental counsel to lenders financing and foreclosing on real property
- Due diligence and consultation regarding disposition and acquisition of distressed real property located throughout the United States and in U.S. Territories
- Waste regulation
- Cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated real property
- Submerged lands and coastal regulation
- Water resources
- Due diligence and consultation regarding regulatory compliance
- Land development
- Governmental and administrative law