Mark L. ParmeleeShareholder email@example.com
Mark L. Parmelee is a national securities litigator at Greenberg Traurig where he defends Wall Street brokerage firms and their employees. He has handled a wide range of matters, including sales practice disputes, alleged research conflicts issues, employment claims and regulatory investigations. A former Manhattan prosecutor, Mark also has experience in a variety of white collar criminal representations and general commercial litigations.
- Securities litigation
- Securities arbitration
- Corporate and securities law
- Commercial litigation
- Supervised team of attorneys defending national broker-dealer in mass filings of multi-million dollar research analyst conflict of interest claims; established protocols with the National Association Of Securities Dealers (NASD) and consortium of claimants' counsel relating to processing, discovery and evidentiary issues; regional point person for all research analyst matters.
- Litigated constitutionality of New York State's newly-enacted hate crimes law; obtained first trial conviction in state pursuant to that statute.
Recognition & Leadership
- Assistant District Attorney, New York County District Attorney's office, 1996-2003
- Member, Homicide Panel and Domestic Violence Unit
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1996
- Notes and comments editor, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
- B.S., Marketing and Finance, Syracuse University, 1991
- Hon. Sterling Johnson, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, January-June 1995
- New York
- New Jersey