Omar ParraAssociate Omar.Parra@gtlaw.com
Omar Parra represents private equity funds, privately held businesses and strategic investors in a wide range of corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, growth equity investments, and general corporate governance.
Additionally, Omar has substantial experience drafting master service agreements, work authorizations, and indemnification provisions for owners, developers, and general contractors. Omar also has broad litigation experience, defending national and local corporations in all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, mediation, and trial.
- Private equity
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Breaches of contract
- Representation of private equity fund AGR Partners in connection with its portfolio company, Almark Foods, a leading provider of hard-boiled, peeled eggs to retailers, convenience stores, restaurant chains, and salad manufacturers nationwide, renegotiation of its credit facility with a national lender.
- Representation of private equity fund AGR Partners in connection with its investment in Green Plains Cattle Company, the fourth largest cattle feeder in the United States.
- Drafted master service agreements for an Australian retail chain for use in its United States operations.°
- Represented an international general contractor in the Millennium Tower litigation.°
- Served as second-chair at trial for a general contractor in a premises liability matter that resulted in a complete defense verdict.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Parra prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Legislative Aide, Councilman Andreas Borgeas, City of Fresno, 2009-2011
- Extern, Magistrate Judge Jacqueline S. Corley, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 2014
- Extern, Magistrate Judge Nathanael M. Cousins, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 2012
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Board of Directors, San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association, 2022-Present
- Member, Executive Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco Barristers Litigation Section, 2017-2019
- Participant, Federal Pro Bono Project, 2017-Present
- Earl Warren Inn of Court, 2016-2018
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2014
- B.A., cum laude, California State University, Fresno, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Spanish, Native