Adrian PattersonShareholder Adrian.Patterson@gtlaw.com
Adrian Patterson focuses his practice on public finance and infrastructure, serving as bond counsel and disclosure counsel for cities, counties, transit agencies, toll road authorities, public utilities, non-profit corporations, school districts, universities, and state agencies on projects involving streets, rail, toll roads, public works, arts and convention centers, and power projects. He also represents national and regional investment banking firms as underwriters counsel. In public law matters, Adrian represents political subdivisions as general counsel advising on matters related to economic development, procurement, compliance, and elections.
Adrian has represented a large number of bond counsel clients including the City of Houston, Harris County, Texas Medical Center, City of Brownsville Public Utility Board, Harris County Toll Road Authority, City of Houston Convention and Entertainment Department, Harris County Flood Control District, Port of Houston Authority, and Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County.
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Bond counsel to a city on $7.7 billion of combined utility system financings since 2012.°
- Bond counsel to a county toll road authority on $2.7 billion of system revenue financings since 2012.°
- Bond counsel to a transit agency on $1.5 billion of sales and use tax financings since 2012.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Patterson prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2013-2019
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Texas Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars,” 2012-2016
- Trustee, Herman Park Conservancy, 2016-Present
- Trustee, Houston Municipal Pension System, 2013-Present
- Fellow, Legal Council on Legal Diversity, 2011-2012
- J.D., Tulane University Law School
- B.A., University of Houston