Brian Prew is a registered patent attorney and shareholder in the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice of the firm’s New York office. He has wide-ranging experience litigating intellectual property matters in various industries including pharmaceuticals, computer software, biotechnology, and financial services. Brian has experience in all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation diligence, overseeing day-to-day case management (including electronic discovery), fact and expert discovery, motion practice, through summary judgement, trial, and appeal as well as in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
In addition, Brian has wide-ranging experience in preparing freedom to operate opinions and providing clients with counseling on patentability, infringement, and validity issues.
- Patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation
- ANDA Hatch-Waxman litigation
- International Trade Commission – Section 337 Litigation
- General IP counseling, due diligence, opinions, and inter partes review proceedings
- Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCI Act) counseling