Harvey ReesAssociate Harvey.Rees@gtlaw.com
Harvey Rees is a member of the Litigation and Arbitration Practice in Greenberg Traurig's London office. Harvey focuses his practice on international commercial litigation and arbitration, concentrating on complex multi-jurisdictional cases which often involve fraud, particularly within the banking and financial services sectors.
- Representing a client operating in the luxury hospitality industry against multiple European state-owned entities in complex multi-contract LCIA arbitrations arising from high-profile landmark hotels.
- Represented BTA bank in a $7.5 billion dispute against Mukhtar Ablyazov and Ilyas Khrapunov.
- Represented an aircraft operator in an LCIA arbitration regarding claims arising from the sale of a subsidiary, successfully defending a counterclaim for fraudulent misrepresentation and achieving a settlement for the client.
- Represented a global investment management and advisory company in defending an LCIA arbitration in relation to contract formation and estoppel by convention.
- Advising the shareholders of Crane Bank in Uganda in relation to special measures taken against the bank by the Central Bank of Uganda and claims arising therefrom.
- Representing an individual in bringing a US$ 50 million LCIA arbitration against another individual for fraud, economic duress and undue influence.
- Advised clients on various multijurisdictional collective consultation redundancies and grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Represented EverArc Holdings Limited on the launch of its US$ 340 million IPO, a SPAC that listed on the main market of the LSE on 17 December 2017 and was one of very few IPOs in London in 2019.
- Represented Landscape Acquisition Holdings Limited on its re-listing on the main market of the LSE, having been suspended from trading after completing its reverse takeover of AP WIP Investments Holdings, LP for consideration of US$ 860 million.
- Representing a charity offering an 'intensive care' programme of full-time education in a safe learning environment for children unable to go to school because they have been severely bullied in defending a vexatious claim for unfair dismissal brought by a former employee guilty of gross misconduct. Successfully applying for strike-out of the claim.
- Representing a small business restaurant owner on a claim brought by a household name company alleging breach of its trade mark and negotiating a settlement.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Young Fraud Lawyers Association, 2021-Present
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2022-Present
- Member, Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Member, Energy Related Arbitration Practitioners (ENERAP) UK Chapter
- Member, Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Member, International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Member, Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association (JLSLA)
- Member, London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Member, The London Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation
- Raised over £5,000 for Prostate Cancer Research whilst running the London Marathon 2021
- Legal Practice Course (LPC), with distinction, BPP Law School, 2019
- LL.B., University of Bristol, 2017
- England and Wales