Erik S. RodriguezShareholder email@example.com
Erik S. Rodriguez serves as national and regional labor and employment counsel for employers of all sizes, including several Fortune 100 companies.
Erik defends employers in jury and non-jury litigation in both state and federal courts in workplace harassment and discrimination cases involving age, race, gender, religion, national origin, medical leave and other protected categories. He provides labor and employment law drafting and counseling to management, and represents employers in administrative investigations and litigation before local, state and federal equal employment opportunity agencies. Erik has deep experience conducting internal investigations into allegations of unlawful workplace conduct.
Erik also handles matters before the National Labor Relations Board, including unfair labor practice charges and union representation cases, grievance arbitrations, and collective bargaining negotiations. He has represented management in matters involving the IBT, SEIU, USW, UFCW, IAM and UNITE HERE unions.
Erik serves as a management trainer and is a frequent lecturer and writer on a wide range of employment-related issues, including preventative labor relations, exercising management rights in a labor environment and managing effectively within the equal employment opportunity laws.
Erik represents clients in a number of industries, including retail, hospitality, health care, higher education, airport services, manufacturing and financial services.
- Discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases
- Internal investigations
- Collective bargaining negotiations
- Unfair labor practice charges
- Grievance arbitrations
- Union awareness
- Union representation elections
- Employment advice and counseling
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2018
- "Rising Star," 2010-2013
- Team Member, The American Lawyer’s “Regional Litigation Department of the Year - Georgia,” 2018
- Team Member, The Daily Report’s "Georgia Labor & Employment Litigation Department of the Year," 2017
- Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Labor and Employment - Labor-Management Relations, 2014-2016
- Team Member, The Daily Report’s "Georgia Labor & Employment Litigation Department of the Year," 2015
- Listed, Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2011-2013
- Team Member, a Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2013
- Listed, Atlanta Business Chronicle, "100 Influential Individuals in Law and Accounting," 2011
- Selected, "Outside Counsel of the Year," Areas USA, Inc., 2010-2011
- Recipient, Fulton County Daily Report, "Pro Bono Award for Consumer Advocacy," 2008
- Standing Committee, Unlicensed Practice of Law (Appointed by Georgia Supreme Court), 2010-2013
- Board Member, Georgia Hispanic Bar Association
- Board of Governors Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Labor and Employment Section
- J.D., Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Rice University, 1995
- Spanish, Fluent
- Portuguese, Conversational