Sarah RosenbaumAssociate email@example.com
Sarah Rosenbaum is a digital music attorney with experience representing a broad range of digital music licensees across commercial deal negotiations, product launches, and public policy matters.
Sarah has wide-ranging experience licensing music for digital uses, including for emerging technologies. She works with all shapes and sizes of audio streaming services, major film and television studios, gaming and fitness apps, social media platforms, and metaverse and NFT clients. She also enjoys working across the table from a range of music partners, including music publishers, record labels, and collection societies across various territories.
She advised music streaming services in connection with the recent enactment of the Music Modernization Act and its implementing federal regulations, including extensive negotiation and advocacy within trade organizations, in connection with legislative outreach, and in front of the U.S. Copyright Office.
She also has niche experience with the use of U.S. statutory copyright licenses and has supported streaming services of all sizes with statutory licensing and compliance programs, as well as with related statutory rate and assessment proceedings in front of the U.S. Copyright Royalty Board.
She previously served as an inaugural Board Member of Digital Licensee Coordinator, Inc. (DLC), and an alternate Board Member of Digital Media Association (DiMA), both advocacy organizations representing the interests of digital music services.
Sarah has broad-reaching, collaborative relationships across the music industry. She is thoughtful and open-minded in negotiations and has been able to create consensus around key agenda items in the context of commercial deal negotiations, cross-industry trade organizations, and joint defense groups.
Sarah is based in Los Angeles and works with the Atlanta-based digital music team at Greenberg Traurig.
- Music licensing strategy, negotiation, and drafting for digital uses
- Music license administration and compliance support
- Music legislative and regulatory advocacy and implementation
- Music Counsel, Google/YouTube, 2018-2021
- Director, Business & Legal Affairs, Music Reports, Inc., 2014-2017
- Rights Attorney/Analyst, NBCUniversal, 2012-2014
- Independent Music Legal Practitioner, 2013-2015
- CLE Producer, Music Business Association, 2010-2014
- Business Development Associate, Lirix Inc., 2004-2008
- Music Consultant/Talent Manager, SR Management, 2006-2008
- Nightlife Promoter/Brand Manager, TRC Events Inc., 2005-2007
- Legal Extern, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc., Digital Distribution, 2010
- Legal Extern, Saper Law, 2009
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Nan R. Nolan, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- Music Marketing Intern, Universal MazJac Enterprises, Inc., 2002-2003
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Media & Entertainment Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Former Board Member/Treasurer, Digital Licensee Coordinator, Inc. (DLC)
- Former Alternate Board Member, Digital Media Association (DiMA)
- Former Volunteer Legal Representative, Alliance for Children’s Rights
J.D., with honors, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2011
- Intellectual Property Certificate Program
- CALI Awards: IP Legal Writing, Evidence
- Certificate of Distinction: Strategies in Intellectual Property
- Board Member/Social Chair, Intellectual Property Law Society
B.S., with honors, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2003
- Business Administration Program
- Spanish, Proficient