Elizabeth Corliss SaccoOf Counsel firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Corliss Sacco focuses her practice on federal and state health care and insurance regulatory issues. She has experience representing managed care organizations, insurers and specialty network providers on administrative, corporate, and regulatory compliance issues, including complex “business of insurance” and insurance licensing issues, risk-based payment initiatives and health care-related compliance issues, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Stark and anti-kickback issues, off-shoring and corporate practice of medicine. She also handles day-to-day regulatory and contract work involving the preparation and submission of form filings and negotiating and drafting agreements between and amongst health plans, hospitals, physicians, IPAs and vendors.
Other aspects of her health care experience include handling health care transactions, including corporate formations, acquisitions, joint ventures and regulatory approval of certificate of need applications, and changes in control of health care entities. She also represents major health care clients and trade associations before the New York Legislature and the Governor's office and assists them with a broad range of issues - from shaping legislation and resolving regulatory issues to navigating complex governmental compliance issues.
- Health law - focusing on managed care and health insurance
- Insurance law – focusing on health insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid law
- Regulatory compliance
- Health care provider contracting
- Mergers, acquisitions and other transactions
- Licensure of insurers, managed care and specialty network entities
- Governmental and administrative law
- Represented two managed long-term care plans (MLTCs) in connection with a NYS DOH-directed transfer of disabled members from one plan to the other.
- Home Care of Rochester
- Employer Direct Health Care
- Drafted, negotiated and filed management and provider agreements for national health plans.
- Drafted certificates of need and obtained regulatory approval for a certified home health agency in its acquisitions of county-owned agencies.
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, Best Lawyers in America® "Top Listed – Government Relations," 2018
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Government Relations Law Firm of the Year," 2014
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, The New York State Bar Association
J.D., Albany Law School, 1999
- Notes and Comments Editor, Albany Law Review
- B.A., Political Science, University of New Hampshire, 1994
- District of Columbia
- New York