Luigi Santa MariaPartner Luigi.SantaMaria@gtlaw.com
Luigi Santa Maria, Co-Managing Partner of the Milan office, focuses on corporate law, including M&A, banking and finance, corporate governance, litigation and arbitration.
His broad experience includes a wide range of multi-jurisdictional transactions including joint ventures, spin-offs, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, U.S. and Italian restructurings. He advises high-profile clients in major cross-border M&A deals in the banking, energy, financial, health care, chemical, and manufacturing industries, and has assisted financial institutions in complex securities transactions, tender offers and IPOs.
Luigi Santa Maria practiced at Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP from 1997 to 2005. He served as managing Partner of Santa Maria Studio Legale until May 2019.
- Assisted a Lux Company in (i) the sale of 100% of LDO share capital to Opocrin S.p.A. (an Italian pharmaceutical company), together with its controlled companies (Italian, Luxemburg, Mexican and Chinese), and (ii) in its re-investment in the Company of the Buyer (an Italian pharmaceutical company), which has been realized both by means of equity and hybrid instruments subscription.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, EMEA Legal 500, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2022-2023
- Listed, Chambers Europe, 2020, 2022-2023
- Listed, Chambers Global, 2020-2022
- Member, Milan Bar Association
- LL.M., Fordham University School of Law, 1993
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Milan, 1991
- Italy (admitted to Supreme Court)
- Italian, Native
- English, Fluent