Serena Y. ShiShareholder Serena.Shi@gtlaw.com
Serena Y. Shi represents private equity sponsors and strategic buyers in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, divestitures, joint ventures and other complex corporate transactions in a broad range of industries, including consumer products, business services, technology and healthcare.
Serena is a native of Shanghai, China and is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghainese.
- Represented Marque Brands, LLC, an affiliate of Neuberger Berman, in connection with its acquisition of a majority ownership in America’s Test Kitchen (“ATK”) and its associated brands, including Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country. ATK is a food and culinary media business, which leverages its industry-leading testing process for recipes and kitchen equipment to produce top class recipes and unbiased product reviews. ATK and its diverse portfolio of brands has an expansive audience across various media platforms.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC and GCM Grosvenor, as joint sponsors, in connection with their acquisition of Hallcon Corporation from Canadian private equity firm Novacap. Hallcon is the leading North American provider of mission-critical transportation services and infrastructure for a broad range of customers including railroads, universities, airports, hospitals and health care systems, public transit, technology and industrial companies, and other large employers seeking custom transportation solutions.
- Representation of Astorg Partners in its acquisition of Corsearch.°
- Representation of Searchlight Capital Partners in its acquisition of Care Advantage.°
- Representation of L Catterton in its acquisition of Cholula Hot Sauce from Jose Cuervo and the subsequent sale of Cholula to McCormick & Company.°
- Representation of Level Equity in its sale of Ensenta Corporation.°
- Representation of TA Associates in its sale of Truck Hero, Inc.°
- Representation of an investor consortium led by CC Capital in its $6.9 billion take-private acquisition of Dun & Bradstreet.°
- Representation of CANArchy Craft Brewery Collective in its $330 million sale to Monster Beverage Corporation.°
- Representation of Amcor Limited in its $6.8 billion acquisition of Bemis Co.°
- Representation of Alpha Tau Medical Ltd. in its $1 billion business combination with Healthcare Capital Corp. °
- Representation of Lion Financial Group Limited with its $125 million business combination with Alpha Acquisition Corp.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Shi prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2015
- B.S., New York University Stern School of Business, 2010
- New York
- Chinese (Mandarin), Native
- Chinese (Shanghainese), Native