Emily A. SickelkaShareholder email@example.com
Emily A. Sickelka concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration, including class action litigation, antitrust defense and counseling, and contract disputes. She represents clients in a broad range of industries, including banking, distribution, hospitality, pharmaceutical sciences, telecommunications and tobacco, and is experienced in all phases of litigation and arbitration.
- Complex civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Class actions
- Represented major tobacco companies in seeking to recover billions of dollars in a series of complex arbitrations arising from disputes over payments related to the landmark 1998 Master Settlement Agreement.
- Represented Fortune 20 telecommunications company in defending against a multimillion-dollar class action alleging disability discrimination.
- Represented shipping company in defending against a federal class action alleging conspiracy, monopolization and restraint of trade.
- Represented multimedia company in defending against claim of boycott in film distribution market.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, Emerging Lawyer, Leading Lawyers Network, 2019-2023
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2016-2020
J.D., with distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 2009
- Articles Editor, Iowa Law Review
- B.A., Journalism, Political Science, with honors and distinction, Iowa State University, 2004
- New York