Duane D. SitarShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Duane D. Sitar has represented a wide array of clients, including public companies, closely held businesses, individual executives, record and music publishing companies, and physician practices regarding acquisitions, dispositions, strategic alliances, capital finance, dynastic planning, entertainment and transactional activities, aircraft and capital equipment acquisitions, leasing and finance, and general estate planning. He frequently assists clients in all facets of their business lives from formation through and including final disposition and dissolution, and has filled the functional role of in-house counsel. Duane has experience in representing medical and dental practitioners, real estate developers, record company and entertainment executives, as well as business entrepreneurs.
- Transactional entertainment
- General corporate, commercial and finance
- Estate planning
- Taxation (individual, corporate, partnership, wealth transfer)
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations
- Health care
- Represented regional airline in acquisition/leasing of more than $1 billion of capital equipment.
- Represented publicly and privately held companies in both majority and minority equity investments and sales as well as equity asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented large and small physician groups in establishing internal and external contractual and employment relationships, implementing management, provider and governmental compliance programs, and disposing and acquiring practices.
- Represented executives in establishing employment and benefit relationships.
- Represented owners in structuring and coordinating business and dynastic family succession and estate planning.
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Media & Entertainment Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Law Firm of the Year" in Entertainment Law - Music, 2011-2012
- Listed, Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2011
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
°AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Member, American Bar Association, Corporate and Taxation Sections
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 1988
- LL.M., Taxation, Emory University School of Law, 1991
- B.B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude, University of Georgia, 1985