Geiza Vargas-VargasShareholder email@example.com
Geiza Vargas-Vargas focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital raises for clients in the United States and Latin America. She has closed transactions in a wide variety of sectors, including digital infrastructure, renewable energy, technology, and industrials. She has advised investment funds and strategic investors in aerospace, telecommunications and Section 363 acquisitions and has represented clean technology companies, including in the electric vehicle charging space, and their investors and lenders in various financings, recaps and buyouts. She also advises her clients on general corporate matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate
- Represented Trax USA Corp., a leading independent provider of aircraft MRO and fleet management software, in sale to AAR Corp., a leading provider of aviation services to commercial and government operators, MROs, and OEMs.
- Represented 80 year old container terminal and stevedore operator in a strategic transaction.
- Represent Latam hyperscale data center and technology solutions provider in capital raise.
- Represent international technology company in roll-up acquisitions in the US staffing solutions market.
- Co-counsel to an international fund in its $144 million acquisition of Telefonica’s El Salvador operations.°
- Representation of a publicly traded telecommunications and technology solutions company in its $250 million sale to an independent fiber bandwidth infrastructure company.°
- Representation of a utility-scale solar developer in a recapitalization and various solar project financings.°
- Representation of a distributive energy efficiency solutions company in a $120 million sale transaction to a publicly traded energy consulting company.°
- Representation of a strategic investor in its $2 billion acquisition of global manufacturer of sustainable food packaging and disposables.°
- Representation of a hot water heating technology company in numerous capital raises involving private equity investors.°
- Representation of a tech-enabled marketing company in a $14 million recapitalization.°
- Representation of a private fire safety company in over $150 million add-on acquisitions in connection with roll-up strategy.°
- Representation of a network of accountable care organizations in $170 million sale to publicly traded healthcare company.°
- Representation of clinical research organizations in $40 million sale to private equity sponsored research company.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Vargas-Vargas prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Assistant Dean of Academic Success and Assistant Professor of Law, Charleston School of Law, 2009-2016
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2023
- Corporate Law, 2022-2023
- Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2022-2023
- Listed, Latin Lawyer, "Latin Lawyer 250 - Practice Recognition: Corporate / M&A," 2022
- Team Member, Mergers & Acquisitions, “Top 10 Middle-Market Deals of the Year,” 2021
- J.D., Boston College Law School
- B.A., Wellesley College
- New York
- South Carolina
- Spanish, Native