Stephanie Vélez ‡Assistant Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Vélez focuses her practice on antidumping, countervailing, and safeguard investigations and the application of WTO rules. She has advised and represented companies in trade remedies investigations in the United States and Latin American countries including Colombia and Mexico. Stephanie represents clients in a variety of industries, including transportation, chemicals, textiles, energy, technology, steel, tires, agriculture, beverages, and metallurgy.
- Trade remedies proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission and the Ministry of Commerce of Colombia.
- Represented Colombian steel industry in the first safeguard measure adopted by the Colombian government in application of WTO proceedings and regulations.
- Assisted foreign and domestic companies in the creation of free-trade zones in Latin American countries, including Colombia and Ecuador.
- Advised companies on a variety of customs matters including, tariff classification, country of origin and valuation.
- Intern, The World Bank, 2016
Recognition & Leadership
- HSF Scholarship, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, 2016-2017
- Washington International Trade Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- International Trade Centre, SheTrades Initiative
- LL.M., International Legal Studies, American University Washington College of Law, 2017
- LL.B., Universidad de Los Andes, 2016
- J.D., Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia)
‡ ‡ Admitted in Colombia. Not admitted in Washington, D.C.
- Spanish, Native