Jose R. VentoAssociate Jose.Vento@gtlaw.com
Jose R. Vento is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice at Greenberg Traurig. He represents clients in a broad range of intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark prosecution, copyright registration and licensing, and litigation.
Jose’s patent prosecution experience includes drafting and prosecuting patent applications in technology areas such as computer hardware and software, machine learning and artificial intelligence, communication networks, human-computer interaction systems, unmanned aerial vehicles, medical devices, mechanical and electro-mechanical inventions. Jose regularly interfaces with inventors to capture and develop invention disclosures and assess avenues for patent portfolio development and growth. He also performs freedom to operate and infringement analyses and researches and prepares patentability opinions. Jose has also represented clients in federal district court in copyright infringement litigation cases.
After earning his degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Florida, Jose was an engineer in the aviation industry. First, as a manufacturing engineer at a large airframe manufacturer and then, as an avionics engineer and production manager for an international fleet operator.
- Patent prosecution (domestic and foreign)
- Intellectual property and technology litigation
- Trademark prosecution
- Associate In-House Counsel, Tactual Labs Co., 2019-2021
- Patent Extern, United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2016
- Represented Trax USA Corp., a leading independent provider of aircraft MRO and fleet management software, in sale to AAR Corp., a leading provider of aviation services to commercial and government operators, MROs, and OEMs.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
J.D., cum laude, University of Florida, 2018
- Recipient, Intellectual Property Certificate
- B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Spanish, Native