Jeffrey H. VerbinShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey H. Verbin brings more than 45 years of legal experience to his clients in the financial services, real estate and sports and entertainment industries. He has represented investor and new ownership groups in sports facility and hotel acquisitions, and assisted national restaurant franchisors in multi-state financing transactions.
- Corporate and business law
- Real estate
- Commercial and consumer lending and workouts
- Financial services
- Financial institution regulation
- Sports and entertainment
- Represented the new ownership group in connection with their acquisition of the Minnesota Vikings.
- Represented investor groups in connection with acquisitions of professional sports franchises.
- Represented professional athletes and coaches in various business matters.
- Represented a title company in acquisitions of other title/escrow companies.
- Represented national restaurant franchisors/franchisees in multi-state financing transactions.
- Represented clients in connection with hotel acquisitions.
- Represented clients in regulated industries in connection with cease and desist actions initiated by the Attorney General's Office and regulatory authorities.
- Represented financial institutions in starting de novo operations or acquiring other financial institutions.
- Represented clients in connection with large loan workouts and restructurings.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed,The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law; Equipment Finance Law; Financial Services Regulation Law, 1995-2023
- Recipient, Best Lawyers "Phoenix Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year" Award, 2012
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2022
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2017-2018 and 2022
- "Top 50 Super Lawyers in Arizona," 2012-2016
- Listed, AZ Business Leaders, 2015 and 2019
- Sports, 2019
- Banking, 2015
- Listed, AZ Business Magazine, "Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona," 2016-2017
- Team Member, U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, Best Law Firms Edition, "Law Firm of the Year," Banking & Finance - Litigation, 2017
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®,"Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011-2013, 2015, and 2022
- Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
- Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2011
- Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal, "Power Players," Phoenix's Top 50 Influential Business Leaders, 2006
- Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal, "Who's Who in Law," 2006
- Recipient, The Phoenix Business Journal "Best of the Bar Award," Banking, 2005
- Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal "Role - Model CEO," October 2002
- Fellow, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
°AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Board of Directors, Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Anti-Defamation League
- Member, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
- Chairman, Arizona State Bar, Business Law Section, 1988-1989
- Chairman, Mortgage Broker/Banker Rules Committee
- Member, Opinion Letters Committee
- Founding Member, Board of Directors, Arizona Equal Justice Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Committees on Negotiated Acquisitions, Commercial Financial Services, Consumer Financial Services, Uniform Commercial Code, Banking Law
- Member, Real Estate Section
- Member, Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Council of 100
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 1974
- Order of the Coif
- Pi Tau Sigma
- Comments Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly
- B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1971