Greenberg Traurig, LLP Amsterdam Local Partner Dr. Robert Hardy authored the Netherlands chapter on Foreign Investment Review in Lexology Getting The Deal Through quick reference guide. This guide enables side-by-side comparison of local insights, law, policy and relevant authorities; procedure, including thresholds and timelines; substantive assessment, including interagency and international consultation, remedies and rights of challenge and appeal; relevant recent case law; and other recent trends.
The chapter covers the following:
- the Dutch government’s policies and practices regarding oversight and review of foreign investment;
- the main laws that directly or indirectly regulate acquisitions and investments by foreign nationals and investors on the basis of the national interest;
- officials or bodies that are the competent authorities to review mergers or acquisitions on national interest grounds;
- the procedure for obtaining national interest clearance of transactions and other investments; and
- the powers the authorities have to prohibit or interfere with a transaction.
This chapter was originally published on Lexology and is reproduced with the permission of the publishers.
To read the full chapter, "Foreign Investment Review - The Netherlands," click the media link below.