MIAMI – June 25, 2018 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. announced that 11 of its Florida attorneys are recognized in Florida Trend magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite. The attorneys chosen by their peers for this recognition are considered among the top two percent of lawyers practicing within the state of Florida.
Seven Greenberg Traurig shareholders received special honors as members of this year’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame: Miami Shareholders Mark D. Bloom, Burt Bruton, Gary A. Saul and Elliot H. Scherker; Tallahassee Shareholder Barry Richard; and Tampa Shareholders Richard C. McCrea Jr. and David B. Weinstein. Hall of Fame designees have been recognized by Legal Elite every year for at least the past decade.
Miami Associate Andrew C. Sharpe was also recognized by Legal Elite as an Up and Comer. Respected by their peers for excellence in the legal field, these attorneys under 40 years-old represent the future of the legal profession in Florida.
The nomination process for Florida Legal Elite is open to all Florida Bar members, who are asked to “name attorneys whom they hold in the highest regard or would recommend to others.”
The following Greenberg Traurig attorneys are listed among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite honorees:
- Hilarie Bass, Commercial Litigation
- Mark D. Bloom, Bankruptcy & Workout, Hall of Fame
- Burt Bruton, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Antonio Peña, International
- Gary A. Saul, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Elliot H. Scherker, Appellate Practice, Hall of Fame
- Andrew C. Sharpe, Real Estate
- Barry Richard, Commercial Litigation, Hall of Fame
- Michael G. Cooke, Environmental & Land Use
- Richard C. McCrea, Jr., Labor & Employment, Hall of Fame
- David B. Weinstein, Environmental & Land Use, Hall of Fame
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.