Breach of Contract/Commercial Litigation
- Represented national power equipment repair company in commercial lease dispute.°
- Represented major coal company in $20 million breach of contract dispute brought by regional electric power company.°
- Represented national healthcare company in breach of contract dispute with regional hospital system.
- Represent various companies in pursuing recovery for breaches of purchase agreement representations and warranties.
Data Security and Privacy Litigation
- Represent restaurant franchise in data security class actions affecting the compromise of payment card information.
Financial Services Litigation
- Represent national bank in litigation arising out of Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”).
- Defended trustee bank in residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) litigation brought by institutional investors.°
Professional Liability Defense
- Defended international law firm against legal malpractice claims brought by former clients in the rendering of tax advice.°
- Defended international law firm against legal malpractice claims brought by former clients as a result of IP litigation.°
Trade Secrets Litigation
- Represent software company in claim of trade secret misappropriation and copyright infringement.
Products Liability Defense
- Represented automotive parts manufacturer in product liability actions.°
- Represent dry ice manufacturer in lawsuit involving claims of defective product.
- Conducted internal investigation for corporate client amid federal False Claims Act (FCA) allegations.°
- Participated in internal investigation for national pharmacy chain.°
- Represent trust company against putative class actions alleging fraud.
- Defended financial institutions and retailers in commercial litigation brought under the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act.°
- Represented national mortgage lenders and servicers against borrowers in foreclosure avoidance disputes.
- Represented automotive manufacture in $18 million action brought by former franchisee alleging improper franchise termination.°
Governmental Programs Litigation
- Defended the State of West Virginia against challenges to the validity of its Medicaid managed care contracts and preferred drug list.°
- Represented the State of West Virginia against allegations of civil rights violations asserted by the U.S. Department of Justice.°
- Defended the State of West Virginia in decades-long institutional reform litigation brought against state psychiatric facilities.°
- Counseled West Virginia professional licensing boards in disciplinary matters against licensed professionals.°
Pro Bono/Appointed Cases
- Appointed to defend indigent individuals alleged to have committed federal crimes, both in federal district court and the court of appeals.°
- Represent disabled veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Represented indigent litigant in appeal to the Supreme Court of Texas.
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Dodrill prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.