Jill A. Dougherty has over 35 years of experience as an employment law attorney and litigator. She counsels and assists employers with labor and employment law compliance and helps them prevent claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. She focuses on workplace investigations, wage and hour and other compliance audits, and creating and developing policies, best practices, and training.
- Discrimination and harassment (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, state Equal Employment Opportunity, and Human Rights Acts)
- Wage and hour laws, employee classification, and joint employer liability
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) reasonable accommodations
- Federal Contractor Compliance (OFCCP) affirmative action programs
- Employee non-compete, confidentiality, trade-secret, and anti-poaching agreements
- Public accommodations provisions (Title III) of the ADA
- Position statements, fact-finding conferences, mediation/conciliation, and agency audits