Merlow focuses her practice on mergers, acquisitions, and general corporate and governance matters across a range of industries and sectors, with a focus on health care and other highly-regulated industries. She assists private equity sponsors, strategic buyers, and health care providers, both buy-side and sell-side, in connection with buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, and other transactional matters.
Merlow also routinely advises clients on federal and state health care regulatory matters, including corporate practice restrictions, transactional structuring, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA and HITECH, health facility licensure and certification, practitioner licensure and scope of practice laws, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and participation requirements, and state fee-splitting, anti-kickback, and self-referral laws.
- Private equity transactions and investments
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic affiliations
- Health care transactions
- Health care regulatory matters
- Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, participation, and compliance
- Corporate formation and governance