Daniel P. Elms is a Shareholder in Greenberg Traurig’s Dallas office. Dan litigates and arbitrates complex business for clients of all sizes across myriad industries. He guides clients through the entire business litigation and arbitration process, including pre-trial litigation strategy and discovery, trial, and post-trial proceedings. Dan has substantial first-chair trial experience on jury, non-jury, and injunction matters, and his arbitration experience includes American Arbitration Association, International Chamber of Commerce, and FINRA proceedings, among others. Dan’s experience includes appellate work, having briefed and argued to various state and federal courts of appeal.
Dan also serves as outside litigation general counsel for a multinational orthopedics and biologics manufacturer.
- Breach of contract and business torts
- Earnout and deferred compensation
- Franchisee and distributor/reseller disputes, including statutory protection claims
- Financial services and hedge fund litigation, including counterparty and investor disputes
- Securities litigation, including broker-dealer and registered representative disputes
- Trade secrets and restrictive covenants