Robert S. Galbo concentrates his practice on complex commercial, business, class action, and products liability litigation in federal and state courts. Mr. Galbo has experience representing clients in a wide array of disputes involving commercial transactions, breaches of contract, business torts, fraud, and deceptive and unfair trade practices. Mr. Galbo has broad experience in representing clients in putative class action lawsuits. He also has experience conducting internal and regulatory investigations for public and private companies in connection with, among other things, government investigations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, accounting issues, the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and allegations of health care fraud.
Robert also provides defense counsel and consulting in claims brought under disability rights laws including Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. He has consulted on a multitude of projects regarding the ADA, FHA, and similar state and local laws, rules and codes. In addition, Robert provides defense counsel and consulting in matters involving auxiliary aids and services such as website accessibility, sign language interpreting and captioning. Robert provides disability rights laws representation to business and property owners in numerous industries surcharge as hospitality, professional sports teams, venues and sanctioning bodies, performing arts venues and theaters, retail (both strictly online and bricks and mortar-based), health care and commercial real estate and development (including multifamily residential).
- Commercial and business litigation
- Class action litigation
- Product liability litigation
- Real estate and construction litigation
- Internal investigations
- Securities fraud litigation
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) counsel and defense litigation
- Architectural Accessibility compliance matters
- Auxiliary Aids and Services compliance matters including website accessibility, Captioning and sign language interpreting.
- Fair Housing Act disability rights issues such as accessibility, reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications - counseling and defense litigation
- Fair Housing Act familial status issues – counseling and defense litigation