Brian S. Kelly counsels clients at all stages of growth in the commercialization of intellectual property, with a focus on product marketing and licensing strategies; structuring, negotiating, and documenting technology-based transactions; and negotiating outsourcing and other complex business relationships. Brian handles both domestic and international transactions across industries ranging from health care and financial services to entertainment and digital media, retail, consumer products, distribution, government, and telecommunications.
Brian negotiates and documents a wide variety of technology-related transactions, including information technology, and software licensing, development, maintenance, and distribution contracts. He has deep experience across several technologies and business models, including SaaS/Cloud, open source, artificial intelligence, networking, fintech, and content. Additionally, Brian has served as lead outside IP counsel for the intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, and development and distribution relationships.
- IP and technology development
- Supply chain, manufacturing and distribution arrangements
- Patent, trademark, copyright and technology licensing
- Turn-key system acquisitions
- IT and business process outsourcing
- System integration agreements
- Cloud computing agreements
- Professional services arrangements