Cayla PageAssociate firstname.lastname@example.org
Cayla Page is an associate in the Labor & Employment Practice in Greenberg Traurig’s Tampa office. Cayla focuses her practice on labor & employment law, including the defense of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour claims. She also litigates claims related to trade secrets and restrictive covenants, including non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
Cayla has experience in litigating cases through all phases of litigation, including evidentiary hearings in state court and jury trials in federal court. She also has experience litigating claims before the Division of Administrative Hearings. Cayla has conducted witness examination, including cross-examination, in state court and in administrative trials. In addition, Cayla has conducted numerous depositions, including plaintiffs’ depositions, and has prepared witnesses for deposition and defended depositions.
- Wage and hour
- Discrimination claims
- EEOC and state agency investigations
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Trade secrets and non-competes
- Representation of a defense contractor’s technology division in a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action alleging it failed to pay proper overtime wages to customer service representatives at its call centers. A settlement was resolved after opposing motion for conditional certification of the claims of 182 employee plaintiffs who had opted into the case. In a joint motion, the parties said it was clear from oral arguments held on the workers' renewed motion for conditional certification that the two sides "fiercely disputed their adversary's position" and that a legitimate dispute existed over whether the workers were entitled to pay for that preliminary work, such as booting up their call systems and checking emails, or if the contractor would prevail on its defense that this was de minimis work and that it properly trained its workers to record their time.
- Representing a higher education institution in the defense of multiple labor & employment matters filed by former employees, including the briefing and defense of an appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in which the Eleventh Circuit affirmed the trial court's Order in favor of the higher education institution.
- Representing health care provider in defense of multiple labor & employment matters relating to Title VII, ADA, and ADEA before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Florida Commission on Human Relations, and federal and state courts in Florida.
- Confidential Client. Assisted in the defense of a matter in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida that created new precedent under the Florida Whistleblower’s Act, § 448.101-105 et seq., which includes that reporting violations of foreign laws does not qualify as a violation of law, rule, or regulation under the Statute.
- Confidential Client. Assisted with defense of a European client against charges brought in the Southern District of New York involving offshore banking and attendant tax issues.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Labor and Employment Law - Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2021-2023
- Team Member, The American Lawyer, “Florida Regional Litigation Department of the Year,” 2019
- Member, Tampa Bay American Inn of Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- J.D., Common Law Division, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2016
B.A., Xavier University, Cincinnati, 2013
- Recipient, The Father Buschmann Leadership Scholarship
- Nominated, The Unsung Hero Muskie Award
- President and Executive Member, Irish American Society
- Politics and Policy Fellowship
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit