Davide PozzoliCounsel Davide.Pozzoli@gtlaw.com
Davide Pozzoli focuses his practice on civil litigation as well as domestic and cross-border arbitration. He regularly represents clients in matters involving the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards. He also advises on issues involving conflict of laws and other jurisdictional conflicts, as well as international judicial cooperation in civil and criminal matters.
Davide is an experienced civil litigator, representing national and foreign companies of all sizes and across a range of industries before trial and appellate courts and arbitral tribunals throughout Italy. His clients range from apparel distributors to manufacturers and lessors of electric generators, from luxury hotels to trustees in bankruptcy, and from automotive suppliers to sales agencies in the telecommunications and internet sectors.
- Litigation and arbitrations
- Mediation and other ADR
- Commercial, agency, and distribution disputes
- Contract and tort actions
- Intellectual property and unfair competition
- Actions in ejectment
- Claims in bankruptcy
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards
- Conflict of laws and jurisdictions
- Assistant to the Chair of Civil Procedure, University of Milan, 2005-2009
- Davide acted as co-counsel for an Italian motorcar and truck components sub-supplier in a long and complex litigation on first instance and appeal against a major U.S.-Italian motor-vehicle manufacturing group involving issues of abuse of economic dependence, jurisdiction and conflict of laws.°
- He has been assisting a major U.S. networking hardware manufacturer in litigations against several of its Italian distributors on contract and antitrust matters. One of these disputes, in particular, involves the enforcement of a U.S. arbitral award in Italy and public policy issues.°
- Davide has also been assisting a securitization vehicle in recollecting credits against companies and firms, especially in litigative phases.°
- He has been also assisting clients and colleagues in cases before Italian higher courts and Supreme Court involving jurisdictional and conflict of laws issues.°
- Since 2014 Davide has been regularly lecturing – alone or with other speakers – colleagues and fellow-lawyers in courses and seminars related to the professional lifelong learning system on several topics in civil and commercial matters, such as: most recent updates in EU rules on jurisdiction, conflict of laws and enforcement of judicial decisions (2014), EU regulation on account preservation (2015), recent caselaw on abuse of economic dependence (2017), Italy’s implementation of EU directive on antitrust damages (2017), recent caselaw on punitive damages (2018), evolution of the Italian law of torts (2018), survey of Italian new code of bankruptcy (2019), caselaw and new Italian rules on collective proceedings (2019-in progress).°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Pozzoli prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig Santa Maria, an affiliate of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. and Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Milan Bar Association, 2009-Present
J.D., summa cum laude, University of Milan, 2004
- His final essay on recognition and enforcement of U.S. class action judgments in Italy was awarded with special mention and recommendation for publication.
- B.A., Humanities, Top Marks, Liceo-Ginnasio Statale “Giovanni Berchet,” Milan, 1991
- Italian, Native
- English, Fluent
- French, Conversational