Sydney Fairchild WilliamsonOf Counsel Sydney.Williamson@gtlaw.com
Sydney Fairchild Williamson defends pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product manufacturers in complex civil litigation, focusing on products liability and mass torts. Sydney contributes to the development and execution of strategic litigation tactics. Her experience also includes medical malpractice defense, environmental and toxic torts, business torts, financial services, and contractual disputes.
Sydney has cultivated her career and skillset around the principle that an effective litigator masters the art of storytelling. In litigation, the story connects facts, science, law and business. Her practice centers on these elements and is driven by a commitment to serving not only her clients’ immediate needs, but also furthering their broader strategic goals and legal objectives.
- Defends medical device manufacturers in products liability lawsuits in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Advises a global manufacturing company with regard to risk mitigation and potential litigation involving alleged environmental contaminants involved in the production of main product lines.
- Member of team that represented a university and medical center in a lawsuit by 800 Guatemalans relating to studies conducted in the 1940s.°
- Member of a team that served as co-national coordinating counsel for a major pharmaceutical company confronting more than 2,500 lawsuits and claims filed by patients who alleged that their use of an atypical antipsychotic resulted in compulsive gambling behavior and other impulse disorders.°
- Member of a team that represented a major financial institution in a $100 million check fraud claim brought by the District of Columbia after one of its employees issued fraudulent tax refund checks totaling more than $40 million through an account maintained by the bank.°
- Member of a national trial counsel team for defendants involved in mass torts litigation.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Fairchild prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Product Liability Litigation, 2021-2023
- Team Member, a Law360 “Product Liability Practice Group of the Year,” 2021-2022
- Team Member, The American Lawyer’s “Regional Litigation Department of the Year - Georgia,” 2021
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Associate Editor, University of Baltimore Law Forum Journal
- B.A., Muhlenberg College
- U.S. Magistrate Judge J. Mark Coulson, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2014-2015