TALLAHASSEE (August 19, 2014) – The 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 9 attorneys from the Tallahassee office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across 9 practice areas in the state.
For the eighth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2015 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Lorence Jon Bielby, Litigation – Labor and Employment, was recognized as a 2015 “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
The Greenberg Traurig Tallahassee attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 14 different practice areas. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
- David C. Ashburn (2008) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred W. Baggett (2007) – Government Relations Practice
- Lorence Jon Bielby (2008) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation-Labor and Employment; Technology Law
- Michael J. Cherniga (2006) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred F. Harris (2010) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Tax Law
- M. Hope Keating (2010) – Appellate Practice; Health Care Law
- Robert R. McDonald (2009) – Real Estate Law
- Maribel N. Nicholson-Choice (2010) – Environmental Law
- Barry Richard (2006) – Appellate Practice; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law; Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)