LOS ANGELES – June 30, 2020 – The Legal 500 United States 2020 Guide recognized 20 attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP’s California offices.
According to the publisher, the U.S. Guide’s acknowledgements recognize practice area teams and practitioners who are “providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel.” The recognitions are based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, law firm submissions, and interviews with private practice lawyers in addition to Legal 500’s independent research in the legal market.
The annual guide recommended the following California-based attorneys and their practices:
- Ellen Berkowitz (Los Angeles) Real estate – Land use/zoning
- Charles S. Birenbaum (San Francisco) Labor and employment – Labor-management relations
- Jeffrey A. Chester (Los Angeles) Industry focus – Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Vincent H. Chieffo (Los Angeles) Dispute resolution – General commercial disputes
- G. Michelle Ferreira (San Francisco) Tax – U.S. taxes: contentious
- Susan L. Heller (Orange County) Intellectual property – Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing); Intellectual property – Trademarks: litigation
- Robert J. Herrington (Los Angeles) Dispute resolution – Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco); Dispute resolution- General commercial disputes
- Barbara A. Jones (Los Angeles) Media, technology and telecoms – Fintech
- Kurt A. Kappes (Sacramento) Intellectual property – Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Mark D. Kemple (Los Angeles) Labor and employment – Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Timothy Long (Sacramento) Labor and employment – Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Bradley R. Marsh (San Francisco) Tax- U.S. taxes: contentious
- James M. Nelson (Sacramento) Labor and employment – ERISA litigation
- Cris K. O'Neall (Orange County) Tax – U.S. taxes: contentious
- Ginger Pigott (Los Angeles) Dispute resolution – Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Magan Pritam Ray (Silicon Valley) Labor and employment – Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Jamie R. Rich (San Francisco) Labor and employment – Labor-management relations
- Jeff E. Scott (Los Angeles) Dispute resolution – General commercial disputes
- Daniel J. Tyukody (Los Angeles) Dispute resolution – Securities litigation: defense
- Will Wagner (Sacramento) Industry focus – Environment: litigation
Firmwide, the guide recognized more than 150 attorneys and 38 practices from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Read: Greenberg Traurig Attorneys, Practices Included in 2020 Legal 500 U.S.
About Greenberg Traurig’s California Offices: Greenberg Traurig has more than 175 corporate, entertainment, government law and policy, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, and taxation attorneys in California, located in Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has 2200 lawyers in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.