ATLANTA – March 7, 2023 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP elevated four attorneys to shareholder in its Atlanta office: Steven M. Harkins, Taryn W. Harper, Daniel M. Richards, and Jared S. Welsh. Alana C. Kirkland and Sydney Fairchild Williamson were elevated to of counsel.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig reported more than $2.17 billion of revenue for FY 2022, an 8.6% increase over the year prior and the ninth consecutive year of record revenue. The firm also announced the elevation of 80 attorneys to shareholder and of counsel.
“This group of talented attorneys continually demonstrate their commitment to client service and community engagement, and I know they will contribute greatly to a positive future ahead, both in Atlanta and across our platform,” said Theodore I. Blum, managing shareholder of the firm’s Atlanta office. “These elevations, along with strategic hires we made in the past few months, put us in a great position for advancement in 2023.”
- Harkins is a member of the Litigation Practice. He focuses on pharmaceuticals and multidistrict litigation (MDL) in both state and federal courts ranging from single plaintiff claims to nationwide consumer class action cases, including matters before the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation and in consolidated MDL proceedings.
- Harper is a member of the Litigation Practice. She works on cases involving pharmaceutical, medical device, personal care, and consumer products in both state and federal courts, including single plaintiff actions and mass tort actions.
- Kirkland is a member of the Entertainment Practice. She focuses on complex entertainment, media, technology, and intellectual property transactions with an emphasis on digital media distribution/media services and the licensing of music, videos, and other entertainment content.
- Richards is a member of the Corporate Practice. He focuses his practice on representing domestic and international banks, private equity sponsors, and corporate borrowers in a variety of complex financing transactions, including asset-based and cash-flow secured and unsecured credit facilities, acquisition financings and other leveraged buyouts, and first and second lien credit facilities.
- Welsh is a member of the Entertainment Practice. He counsels entertainment and digital media companies and creators, from individuals and startups to global brands, on a broad range of entertainment and intellectual property matters, with a focus on complex entertainment and media transactions, particularly digital distribution deals for music and other media with rightsholders including major labels, music publishers, and rights societies in the United States and around the world.
- Williamson is a member of the Litigation Practice. She defends pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product manufacturers in complex civil litigation, focusing on products liability and mass torts.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP – Atlanta: Greenberg Traurig's Atlanta office offers clients the local capabilities and wide-ranging experience of more than 100 attorneys, supported by the resources and reach of the firm's global platform. The firm's collaborative culture is reflected by attorneys who serve their clients with a combination of legal and business skills that are vital in today's competitive, global environment. Greenberg Traurig's Atlanta team brings a practical approach to the representation of our clients.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2650 attorneys in 44 locations in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is a 2022 BTI “Highly Recommended Law Firm” for superior client service and is consistently among the top firms on the Am Law Global 100 and NLJ 250. Greenberg Traurig is Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certified Plus by The Diversity Lab. The firm is recognized for powering its U.S. offices with 100% renewable energy as certified by the Center for Resource Solutions Green-e® Energy program and is a member of the U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership Program. The firm is known for its philanthropic giving, innovation, diversity, and pro bono. Web: www.gtlaw.com.