Todd helps technology companies and investors protect and commercialize their innovations across a wide range of industries including software, robotics, autonomous vehicles, medical devices, and aerospace.
His practice offers a full suite of IP-related legal services including:
- Patents – Developing portfolios tailored to your company’s particular goals such as attracting investment, protecting market share, or having bargaining chips in disputes with competitors
- M&A and Investment – Helping investors understand what they are buying and mitigating the associated risks; helping sellers position their technology assets to maximize company valuation and attract (and close) funding opportunities
- Tech Transactions – Negotiating partnerships to grow the company, while protecting your IP and technology and minimizing business disruption should future problems arise
- Freedom to Operate – Guiding product design to avoid infringing third-party patent rights
- Software Development & Licensing – Navigating the numerous software-related legal issues such as ownership, subscription licensing (SaaS), control, data privacy and security, source code escrow, and open source software (OSS) risks
Prior to becoming an attorney, Todd was an engineer at Bell Helicopter where he designed cutting-edge aerospace technologies and software. Todd also helped develop electromechanical control systems for military drones at Smiths Aerospace during his undergraduate studies at Georgia Tech, and clerked at St. Jude Medical’s Neuromodulation Division during law school.
- Patent and trademark prosecution
- Technology development agreements
- Software and IP licenses
- Freedom-to-operate (FTO) assessments
- IP diligence in investment and M&A deals