Sherry Xiaoxuan Ding is a Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity associate in Greenberg Traurig’s San Francisco office. Sherry advises clients with creative strategies in addressing cross-border privacy and data security compliance issues under regulatory regimes in EU, U.S., and APAC regions, with a focus on international data transfer. Sherry has designed and implemented privacy governance programs for clients of various sizes against privacy frameworks such as the GDPR, APEC CBPR/PRP Systems, CCPA, the EDAA/IAB Europe OBA Framework, and the China Cybersecurity Law. Sherry’s experience extends to transactional agreements such as data processing agreements, as well as data privacy and information security related provisions in intellectual property (IP) licensing and technology service agreements, in addition to performing privacy impact assessment/DPIA and risk assessments, and monitoring and responding to individual rights requests.
Sherry also has experience with corporate mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing, as well as joint venture related cross broader deals.
- Cross-border data transfer and data processing agreements
- EU GDPR and ePrivacy Compliance
- APEC Cross-Border Privacy Rules System and APEC Privacy Recognition for Processors System
- China Cybersecurity Law and PIPL compliance
- Digital advertising and ad tech
- Privacy and security gap assessments privacy programs and policies development (data inventory, vendor management, data retention)