Gary T. LombardoOf Counsel Gary.Lombardo@gtlaw.com
Gary T. Lombardo defends and manages commercial litigation, class actions, and mass tort litigation relating to claims ranging from toxic tort and environmental issues to property damage and breach of contract. He also advises clients on products liability actions.
Gary focuses much of his practice on complex eDiscovery issues in connection with litigation in federal and state courts, guiding clients through the identification, preservation, collection, review, and production of documents. Gary works closely with clients to develop discovery plans. He advises on compliance with best practices, as well as the implementation and leverage of discovery analytics and technology assisted review platforms. Gary manages nearly all aspects of the discovery process and defends issues that arise during discovery.
Gary has represented a wide variety of clients including Fortune 100 chemical and industrial companies and other notable corporations.
- Complex commercial litigation
- Class action litigation
- Toxic tort claims
- Business torts
- eDiscovery strategies
- Commercial real estate disputes
- Litigation involving complex financial products
- Defended a leading provider of smart energy metering equipment in a federal proceeding alleging widespread product failures with associated tort and consumer protection claims.°
- Defended a Fortune 50 insurer against nationwide state asbestos claims as member of national coordinating counsel team.°
- Defeated class certification in multiple federal jurisdictions for medical monitoring and property damage alleged from groundwater contamination and air emissions from industrial sites.°
- Obtained dismissal of action brought by water facility alleging multiple common law claims for presence of an unregulated compound in the source water for its customers.°
- Obtained exclusions of multiple expert witnesses on class certification and liability issues.°
- Substantiated hundreds of attorney-client privilege and work product claims.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Lombardo prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Product Liability Practice Group of the Year,” 2021-2022
- Team Member, a Law360 “Environmental Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- J.D., cum laude, American University, 2005
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 2002
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland