Margaret R. Marshall counsels clients primarily in the media and entertainment industries. Margaret’s wide-ranging experience includes artist representation, reality TV representation and start-up/high-growth company representation, as well as assisting a wide range of companies in connection with entity formation, structuring various complex transactions, joint venture agreements, tax-planning, debt and equity financing, and corporate governance.
- Artist representation, including Grammy Award winning recording artists
- Music festival and EDM venue acquisition, divestiture and equity investment
- Worldwide celebrity and product endorsement, sponsorship and merchandising agreement advisement, structuring and negotiation, including worldwide tax planning issues
- DJ residency agreements
- Private security offerings and private placements (including in connection with EDM properties, music labels, publishing companies and motion picture and television productions)
- Reality television talent, production, joint venture and distribution agreements
- Representation of content companies in connection with broadcast and internet distribution of original content
- Complex acquisition and mergers (including brands created by recording artists)
- Internet software, website, web-development, content hosting, and content distribution agreements
- Representing companies in all aspects of branded apparel lines
- Advising clients with respect to all aspects of new business models, including legal risks, and short and long-term strategic advice
- Establishing and governing music publishing companies and joint ventures.
- Ongoing representation of actors and recording artists in connection with establishing and growing their entertainment potential
- Advising startup technology companies regarding intellectual property licensing and business development strategies both within and outside of the entertainment industry