Mateusz RydzewskiSenior Associate Mateusz.Rydzewski@gtlaw.com
Mateusz Rydzewski focuses his practice on real estate transactions. He has participated in real estate sales and acquisitions (asset and share deals) and advised on commercial, office and warehouse leases as well as on agreements relating to the construction process (in particular, development management agreements). Mateusz has participated in projects involving, among others, warehouses, office buildings, shopping centers and wind farms involving Polish and foreign investors, banks and investment funds. In addition, he conducts legal due diligence analysis of real estate.
- Real estate sales and acquisitions
- Legal due diligence of real estate
- Investment and construction process
- Negotiated development management agreements for leading investors active in the warehouse sector.°
- Advised a client in connection with a BTS lease agreement concerning the construction of warehouse and production facilities.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Rydzewski prior to his joining GREENBERG TRAURIG Nowakowska-Zimoch Wysokiński sp.k.
- Participated in the work for global real assets investment manager CBRE Investment Management (CBREIM) throughout the year on closing in stages on some 49 premium logistics assets across Europe and the United States. In Europe, this landmark deal is one of the largest real estate transactions executed in 2022.
- Participated in the work for the Polsat Plus Group in connection with the joint venture agreement signed by its affiliates and HB Reavis and a share purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of 50% of the shares in the share capital of Port Praski City II sp. z o.o. and Port Praski Medical Center sp. z o.o. by HB Reavis. The total price of the shares was approx. EUR 24.3 million.
- Advised clients in connection with the acquisition of land for a warehouse development.°
- Participated in restructuring the real estate assets of a hypermarket and supermarket chain.°
- Advised clients in connection with sales of shares in companies owning warehouse properties.°
- Participated in the acquisition of real estate subject to the limitations imposed by the Agricultural System Development Act.°
- Advised a supermarket chain in connection with the acquisition of a shopping center portfolio.°
- Participated in the divestment of real estate assets by Spanish banks.°
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Warsaw Bar Association
- Advocate, 2017
- Master of Law, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, 2013
- 2012 International Business and Trade Summer Law Program in Kraków, The Catholic University of America – Columbus School of Law with Jagiellonian University – Faculty of Law and Administration, 2012
- Comparative Law Course – Nicolaus Copernicus University – Faculty of Law and Administration, 2012
- Polish, Native
- English, Fluent
- Spanish, Conversational