Stephen J. StanleyAssociate Stephen.Stanley@gtlaw.com
Stephen represents and counsels clients in a range of complex transactional real estate matters including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, development projects, and joint ventures.
Pro bono, Stephen has handled cases for Philadelphia VIP clients, untangling titles to family homes and assisting with the probate of the related estate.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Debt financing
- Mezzanine financing
- Joint Ventures
- Lender-side financing
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in the disposition of a mixed-use office and retail property in Washington, D.C. Transaction value of approx. $24 million.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in a refinancing of a multi-state office portfolio. Transaction value of approx. $245 million.
- Served as lender’s counsel in financing of a transitional housing portfolio in New York City. Transaction value of approx. $200 million.
- Represented institutional investor as the lender in financing, including mezzanine financing, of mixed-use development projects in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Transaction value of approx. $4 million.
- Represented the sponsor member of a joint venture for a construction loan regarding a restaurant/hospitality property in Nashville, Tennessee. Transaction value of approx. $33.5 million.
- Represented purchasers in the acquisition of warehouse portfolios in Texas and Tennessee. Transaction values of approx. $107 million and $78.85 million respectively.
- Represented the subsidiary of a major insurance company in its acquisition of a large, multi-family housing complex in the Philadelphia suburbs. Transaction value of approx. $107 million.
- Represented a real estate private equity company in connection with its redevelopment of an industrial project located near the Philadelphia airport. Transaction value of approx. $9 million.
- Paralegal, Labor & Employment and Litigation Practices, 2016-2021
- Represents pro-bono clients in Philadelphia with estate probate and property transfers.
- Assisted with successful petition for post-conviction relief overturning client’s three life sentences.
- Served on a team that overturned convictions for a Philadelphia man proven innocent of triple homicide charges in 2020, winning his freedom after nearly 30 years of wrongful imprisonment.°
- Worked on two first-degree murder appeals through the Pennsylvania Innocence Project.°
- Assisted a Syrian family with their asylum claim.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Stanley prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Volunteer Attorney, Philadelphia VIP, 2022-Present
- Member, The Federalist Society, Philadelphia Lawyers Chapter, 2021-Present
- Associate Member, Temple American Inn of Court
- J.D., magna cum laude, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2021
- B.A., cum laude, Drexel University, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- French, Conversational