Christopher R. WhiteAssociate firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher White focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and internal investigations. He also has experience with environmental, complex securities, and mass tort matters.
- Representation of an international aerospace company in two high-profile mass toxic-tort actions in which plaintiffs allege that emissions from its manufacturing facility contaminated nearby properties and potentially exposed persons near the facility. Plaintiffs seek injunctive relief, medical monitoring, and monetary damages.
- Representing international exporter in an action seeking payment of more than $75 million owed to it for goods delivered. Assisting this matter by drafting pleadings, motions, and supervising discovery.
- Representing international manufacturer in an action involving the misappropriation of trade secrets and related misconduct by former employees and a competing company. Supporting this matter by drafting motions and pleadings.
- Representing Mosaic Fertilizer in a mass tort with over 115 Plaintiffs. The Plaintiffs are commercial fishermen alleging that a chemical release during Hurricane Frances caused them economic damages and reputational harm. Anderson, et al. v. Mosaic Fertilizer is a follow-on case that was filed after decertification of the putative class in Curd et al. v. Mosaic Fertilizer.
- Represented nationwide clients in major antitrust cases.°
- Represented major manufacturers in MDL product liability actions resulting in favorable settlement of large numbers of cases.°
- Represented international private equity firms in the acquisition of numerous companies both domestically and abroad.°
- Represented CEO, CFO, and other c-suite executives of public traded companies in major SEC investigations.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. White prior to him joining Greenberg Traurig, PA.
- 6th Grade Science Teacher, Southeast Guilford Middle School, 2011-2014
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow, Alliance for the Great Lakes, 2017
- Employment Law Extern, Environmental Protection Agency, 2015
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Environmental Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Dispute Resolution > Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action - Defense - Toxic Tort, "Other Key Lawyer," 2022
- Board Member, Tampa Connection, 2020-Present
- Member, The C. H. Ferguson - M. E. White American Inn of Court, 2020-2021
- Member, Tampa Connection, 2019-2020
- Rookie Teacher of the Year Award for Guildford County, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
J.D., cum laude, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 2017
- Managing Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- John Henry Wigmore Scholar
- B.A., with highest honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois