MIAMI – May 17, 2018 – The 2018 Chambers USA Guide includes 48 Florida attorneys and 13 Florida practices from international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. Firmwide, more than 160 attorneys are included in the guide.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, UK-based publisher of annual guides in several global markets, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world.
In the USA Guide, attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statesman,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associate to Watch” by market and practice.
The following Florida attorneys are recognized with special designations, in addition to other rankings and mentions:
- Richard C. McCrea, Jr. is a Tampa shareholder in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice and has been recognized as a star individual since 2010.
- Peter W. Zinober is a shareholder in the Tampa and Orlando offices and has been recognized as a star individual since 2007.
- Lucia A. Dougherty is co-chair of the Miami Land Development & Zoning Practice and of counsel in the Miami office. Dougherty has been recognized as a senior statesmen since 2017.
- Joseph Z. Fleming is a Miami shareholder in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice and has been recognized as a senior statesmen since 2011.
- Matthew B. Gorson is senior chairman of the firm and a Real Estate shareholder in the Miami office. This is the second consecutive year Gorson has been recognized as a senior statesmen.
- Barry Richard is a Litigation shareholder in the firm’s Tallahassee, New York, and Washington, D.C. offices. He has been recognized as a senior statesmen since 2014.
Up and Coming:
- Iris Escarra is co-chair of the Miami Land Development & Zoning Practice and a shareholder in the Miami office. Escarra has been recognized as up and coming since 2017.
The following 13 Greenberg Traurig practice areas received “Band” placement in the Florida rankings:
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Labor & Employment
- Latin American Investment
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
Greenberg Traurig’s Florida Insurance practice also received a “Recognised Practitioner” listing.
Below is the full listing of Greenberg Traurig Florida attorneys ranked in the USA Guide in the following markets and practice areas:
- Emilio J. Alvarez-Farré – Banking & Finance: Transactional; Latin American Investment
- Kerri L. Barsh – Environment
- Hilarie Bass – Litigation: General Commercial
- Jacqueline Becerra – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Mark D. Bloom – Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Nationwide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Burt Bruton – Real Estate
- Randy A. Bullard – Latin American Investment
- David A. Coulson – Litigation: General Commercial
- Albert A. del Castillo – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Lucia A. Dougherty – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Seth J. Entin – Tax
- Iris Escarra – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Joseph Z. Fleming – Labor & Employment
- Carl A. Fornaris – Banking & Finance: Regulatory; Banking & Finance: Transactional
- Robert C. Gang – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Richard J. Giusto – Real Estate
- Matthew B. Gorson – Real Estate
- John B. Hutton III – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Paul J. Keenan, Jr. – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Nancy B. Lash – Real Estate
- Kimberly S. LeCompte – Real Estate
- Patricia Menéndez-Cambó – Latin American Investment
- Gary A. Saul – Real Estate
- Elliot H. Scherker – Litigation: Appellate
- Ozzie A. Schindler – Tax
- Mark P. Schnapp – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Jeffrey S. Tenen – Nationwide, Transportation: Aviation: Finance
- David E. Wells – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Donn A. Beloff – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Richard J. Fidei - Insurance
- Scott M. Grossman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Fred E. Karlinsky – Insurance
- Kara L. MacCullough – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Bruce I. March – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Joel D. Maser – Tax
- Warren S. Bloom – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Orlando L. Evora – Real Estate
- Julie P. Kendig-Schrader – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Michael G. Murphy P.E. – Construction
- Michael J. Sullivan – Real Estate; Nationwide, Leisure & Hospitality
- Jéan E. Wilson – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Michael J. Cherniga – Healthcare
- Barry Richard – Litigation: Appellate; Litigation: General Commercial
- Gregory W. Kehoe – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Richard C. McCrea, Jr. – Labor & Employment
- David B. Weinstein – Environment; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Peter W. Zinober – Labor & Employment
West Palm Beach
- Laurie L. Gildan – Real Estate
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.