Alan I. Annex is Co-Chair of the firm's Global Corporate Practice. He regularly leads multi-disciplinary deal teams in a wide variety of large-cap and middle-market domestic and cross-border transactions. Alan has broad experience in corporate and securities matters, and regularly advises public company boards, special committees, fund less sponsors, and family offices ,regarding M&A deal strategies, capital raising structures and techniques, fiduciary duties and corporate governance best practices.
Alan was an architect of the structure for the early US SPACs of the 1990s and led the firm’s group during its market leading position in the 2020-2022 SPAC boom. He also created a UK Public Listed Vehicle (“Cash Shell”) that is effectively a publicly traded single purpose PE fund. Over five such vehicles have raised their capital and gone on to acquire multi-billion targets.
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt
- Domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- US Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- UK Cash Shells and other alternative investment vehicles
- Leveraged buy-outs and other going-private transactions
- Special Committee and Audit committee roles
- Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance obligations
The attorney is providing legal services through and affiliated with Greenberg Traurig, LLP, a New York Limited Liability Partnership. Results may vary depending on your particular facts and circumstances.