Alison R. Weinberg-FaheyShareholder Alison.Weinberg-Fahey@gtlaw.com
Alison R. Weinberg-Fahey focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions. She represents and advises property owners, developers, tenants, lenders, and investors on acquisitions and dispositions, development, construction, joint ventures, secured loans, and workouts for retail, hospitality, office, aviation, and multifamily projects. She also advises clients on brokerage rules and regulations.
Alison counsels clients on the drafting and negotiation of commercial leases and subleases and advises corporate clients on real estate issues arising from commercial leasing and mergers and acquisitions. She also has guided clients on renewable energy and clean technology financing projects.
Alison’s previous experience also includes serving as associate general counsel for a boutique investment bank, registered as a broker/dealer and municipal advisor, with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Alison also worked as an auditor at PwC in New York during the 2008 financial crisis and acted as part of the AIG Financial Products audit team based in Wilton, Connecticut.
- PBF Energy, one of the largest independent petroleum refiners and suppliers of transportation fuels, heating oil, and other petroleum products, in its $1 billion acquisition of a Martinez refinery and its logistics assets in California.°
- The disposition by a multinational financial services company of 56 single family lots of raw land for development in San Diego County.
- A large financial institution in its $57.5 million sale of all 11 of its low-income housing tax credit projects located in Los Angeles County and West Sacramento.°
- A leading technology company in its $367 million acquisition of a mixed-use, 400,000-square-foot office campus.°
- A national professional services firm in connection with its lease negotiation for its new Los Angeles office.°
- An international law firm in its lease and sublease negotiations across the United States.
- A hospital system in its $157M sale of all of its campuses’ land, buildings, and equipment to Banner Health in Wyoming.°
- A multinational insurer in its negotiation and sale of an occupied, single-tenant office building in El Segundo, CA for $30.5M.°
- One of the largest real estate investment managers in their negotiation of a construction contract with their developer partner for approximately 284 apartment units.°
- A dramatical college in negotiating with multiple developers for the sale of air rights in connection with its campus redevelopment.°
- A public company EV car manufacturer in its acquisition of a manufacturing facility in Tunica Resorts, Mississippi after the bankruptcy of a prior owner.°
- Mall owner in spin off, distribution, and swap of two mall properties with its joint venture partner.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Weinberg-Fahey prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- California Real Estate Broker, License #02071849
- Associate General Counsel, Prager & Co., LLC Investment Bankers, 2013-2014
- Summer Associate, 2012
- Associate, Banking & Capital Markets Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, 2007-2010
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Thomas B. Donovan, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, 2011
- Summer Intern, Hudson Realty Capital, LLC, 2006
- Investigative Intern, Montgomery County Public Defender Service, 2004
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southern California Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2020, 2022
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) – Orange County, 2019-2021
- Member, Urban Land Institute Los Angeles, 2018-Present
- Member, GROW Committee, 2019-Present
- Member, Women’s Leadership Initiative Committee, 2019-Present
- Member, Jewish Graduate Student Initiative, 2011 - Present
- J.D., with Honors, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2013
- B.Comm., with Great Distinction, McGill University, 2007
- Spanish, Conversational