Andrzej Wysokiński ~Shareholder Andrzej.Wysokinski@gtlaw.com
Andrzej Wysokiński is head of the firm’s Warsaw banking & finance practice. He specializes and has over 20 years of experience in complex domestic, international and cross-border finance transactions, bankruptcy and financial restructuring, M&A, private equity and dispute resolution (as counsel or arbitrator). He has been recognized as one of the leading lawyers in Poland in Polish and international legal directories and rankings.
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Bankruptcy and financial restructuring
- M&A, Private equity
- Commercial, financial services and securities litigation
- International dispute resolution
- International commercial and investment arbitration
- Represented Murapol S.A. in connection with a loan agreement with a Polish bank.
- Represented Robyg S.A. in connection with loan agreements with two Polish banks.
- Represented a consortium of banks in connection with a refinancing of Multimedia Polska S.A.
- Represented REINO Partners in connection with a joint venture agreement with CorVal.
- Represented CEDC International in connection with a foreign loan financing.
- Represented WING Group in an agreement to acquire Lisala sp. z o.o. from Echo Partners B.V. Echo Partners is owned by affiliates of Oaktree and PIMCO, and through Lisala it holds 55.95% of the shares of Echo Investment S.A.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG in connection with the sale and demerger of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A.’s local Private & Commercial Banking business to Santander Bank Polska S.A. (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK).
- Represented Innova Capital in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Polish company Profim sp. z o.o.
- Represented Roust Corporation and its Polish subsidiaries in connection with the offering of high yield notes in the amount of USD 385 million (as part of U.S. Chapter 11 proceedings).
- Represented Innova Capital in connection with LBO financing relating to the public tender offer for the acquisition of shares in Pekaes.
- Represented Bank Pekao, as creditor and agent, and Pekao Investment Banking, as offering agent, in connection with PBG’s restructuring and related offering of notes.
- Represented Cyfrowy Polsat group in connection with credit and bonds financings.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan as Polish counsel in connection with two ‘tap offerings’ of high yield notes by Coveris Holdings.
- Represented Żabka Polska in connection with a bank financing.
- Represented Penta Investments in connection with the restructuring of Empik Media & Fashion’s debt financing.
- Represented Penta group in connection with the acquisition of shares in Empik Media & Fashion from Eastbridge Group.
- Represented a syndicate of more than 20 Polish and international banks, arranged by Crédit Agricole, Santander Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK, Bank Pekao, Bank Handlowy and Bank PKO BP, in a revolving credit facility for KGHM.
- Represented Cyfrowy Polsat in connection with the acquisition of Polkomtel.
- Represented Deutsche Bank in connection with the intragroup transfer of the shares in Deutsche Bank PBC and the merger of Deutsche Bank PBC with Deutsche Bank Polska.
- Represented Lloyds Bank plc and other finance parties as Polish counsel in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Multikino, the second largest cinema chain in Poland, by Vue Entertainment Group.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and other finance parties in connection with the refinancing of Paccor Group.
- Advised U.S. and Dutch investors in matters relating to investment arbitration under Polish-U.S. and Polish-Dutch bilateral investment treaties.
- Represented a Polish company before Polish courts, including the Supreme Court of Poland, in a dispute concerning a squeeze-out and related disputes with minority shareholders.
- Represented a Polish insurance company before Polish courts, including the Supreme Court of Poland, in disputes with minority shareholders.
- Represented a Polish company from the oil & gas sector in arbitration in London under ICC Rules in a dispute relating to liability for breach of warranties in an M&A transaction.
- Represented a Polish utility company in arbitration before the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce (KIG) in a dispute relating to cross-border electricity transmission.
- Represented an investor in arbitration before the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw (KIG) in a dispute relating to real estate investment and corporate matters.
- Represented a Polish construction company in arbitration before the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw (KIG) in a dispute relating to real estate investments.
- Advised U.S. investors in investment arbitration under a Polish-U.S. bilateral investment treaty.
- Represented a Polish company from the oil & gas sector before Polish courts concerning the company’s subsidiary and disputes with minority shareholders.
- Represented a Polish bank before Polish courts in disputes with the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways (GDDKiA).
- Represented a Polish company from the oil & gas sector in arbitration in London under UNCITRAL Rules concerning an off-take agreement and a joint venture agreement.
- Represented persons and companies, Polish and foreign, in proceedings before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF).
- Acted as chairman of the arbitral tribunal in arbitration before Lewiatan Court of Arbitration in Warsaw relating to lease agreements in a major commercial center in Poland.
Some of the above representations were handled by Andrzej Wysokiński prior to his joining GREENBERG TRAURIG Nowakowska-Zimoch Wysokiński sp.k..
Recognition & Leadership
- Chambers Europe: Band 3 in Banking & Finance (2011-2023) and Band 4 in Restructuring and Insolvency (2023); Band 3 in in Restructuring and Insolvency (2022); Band 2 in Restructuring and Insolvency (2015-2021), Band 3 in Dispute Resolution (2008-2018), Insurance (2013) and Restructuring/Insolvency (2012-2014); Band 4 in Dispute Resolution (2019)
- Chambers Global: Band 3 in Banking & Finance (2010-2023), Band 4 in Dispute Resolution (2019), Band 3 in Dispute Resolution (2008-2018), Band 2 in Restructuring and Insolvency (2015), Band 3 in Restructuring and Insolvency (2013-2014)
- IFLR1000: Highly Regarded in Banking (2008-2010, 2013-2022), M&A (2016-2022), Restructuring and Insolvency (2016-2022), Project Finance (2008-2009, 2013, 2015-2022) and Dispute Resolution (2016-2017)
- EMEA Legal 500: Leading Individual in Banking & Finance (2022); recommended lawyer Restructuring and Insolvency (2015-2022) Dispute Resolution (2014-2022), Capital Markets (2018-2019, 2021-2022), Banking & Finance (2013-2021), Energy and Natural Resources (2015-2019) and Capital Markets Debt (2014-2017)
- Benchmark Litigation: Dispute Resolution Star (2018, 2020)
- Best Lawyers: recommended in Arbitration and Mediation, Banking & Finance and Litigation (since 2010)
- Expert Guides: Leading Expert in Banking and Finance (2016)
- Member, Warsaw Bar Association
- Arbitrator at the Lewiatan Court of Arbitration in Warsaw
- Restructuring Practitioners Association
- Advocate, 2001
- Master of Law, the University of Warsaw, 1996
- The Centre for the Study of English and European Law (with merit), the University of Warsaw (together with the University of Cambridge), 1995
~ Certain partners in GREENBERG TRAURIG Nowakowska-Zimoch Wysokiński sp.k. are also shareholders in Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Polish, Native
- English, Fluent