CHICAGO – Aug. 20, 2019 – Twenty-five attorneys from the Chicago office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP are included in the 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Shareholder Martha A. Sabol is also recognized as the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Gaming Law in Chicago.
Nationwide, the guide lists nearly 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys and recognizes 26 of these attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective practices and markets. This is the 13th consecutive year that the firm has had more attorneys listed in the guide than any other law firm.
According to Best Lawyers, inclusion in its guide is completely based on peer-review and only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.”
The Chicago Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in the 2020 edition include:
- Michael J. Baum – Real Estate Law
- Sean W. Bezark – Environmental Law
- Susanna M. Brown – Real Estate Law
- Matthew J. Cannon – Criminal Defense: White Collar, Qui Tam Law
- James J. Caserio – Real Estate Law
- Francis A. Citera – Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Michael T. Fishman – Real Estate Law
- Paul T. Fox – Commercial Litigation
- Mark R. Galis – Patent Law, Trademark Law
- John F. Gibbons – Commercial Litigation
- Alan R. Greenfield – Franchise Law
- Richard D. Harris – Litigation – Intellectual Property, Patent Law
- Dean A. Isaacs – Real Estate Law
- Michael D. Karpeles – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management
- Matthew R. Lewin – Public Finance Law
- Peter H. Lieberman – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corey E. Light – Real Estate Law
- Scott T. Mendeloff – Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Gretchen N. Miller – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gregory E. Ostfeld – Appellate Practice
- Nancy A. Peterman – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Martha A. Sabol – Gaming Law
- Keith J. Shapiro – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Samuel K. Skinner – Government Relations Practice
- Marc H. Trachtenberg – Advertising Law
About Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago Office: Greenberg Traurig's Chicago office strives to be as dynamic and diverse as the city it calls home. Since its inception in 1999, it has grown from three attorneys to more than 160 today. Lawyers in Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago office represent a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, and practice in nearly every major practice area and industry. Offering local knowledge and broad experience, Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago lawyers work with their colleagues in Greenberg Traurig’s other offices in the United States and abroad to help clients achieve their objectives locally, nationally, and globally.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.