NEW YORK – April 18, 2023 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP is shortlisted in six law firm categories for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s “Women in Business Law Awards Americas 2023.” Fourteen women attorneys are also shortlisted. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony June 8.
According to Euromoney, the award series “celebrates the efforts and achievements of law firms and professional services firms across the Americas in helping women to advance in the legal profession.” Criteria include the ratio of female-to-male lawyers at all levels of seniority, the retention of women associates to partner level, and relevant diversity initiatives. Individual winners are selected based on their professional accomplishments as well as advocacy and influence over the previous 12 months.
The firm was shortlisted in the following international firm categories:
- Gender Diversity
- Pro Bono Work
- Work-Life Balance
- Women in Business Law
- Latin America Practice
Greenberg Traurig was also shortlisted in the U.S. – Northeast jurisdiction based on “the impact and complexity of the initiatives, as well as the demographic balance between women and men within the firm.” According to Euromoney, the selection is also based on the firm’s overall submissions.
Greenberg Traurig women attorneys were shortlisted in the following categories:
- Environment Lawyer of the Year – Kaitlyn R. Maxwell
- International Trade Lawyer of the Year – Laura Siegel Rabinowitz
- Labour & Employment Lawyer of the Year – Naomi G. Beer
- Media & Entertainment Lawyer of the Year – Charmaine Smith
- Patent Lawyer of the Year – Rose Cordero Prey
- Privacy & Data Protection Lawyer of the Year – Jena M. Valdetero
- Product Liability Lawyer of the Year – Nilda Isidro
- Real Estate Lawyer of the Year – Meredith L. Katz
- Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyer of the Year – Shari L. Heyen
- Securities Litigator Lawyer of the Year – Tracy L. Gerber
- Structured Finance Lawyer of the Year – Sylvie A. Durham
- Trademark Lawyer of the Year – Susan L. Heller
- Rising Star: IP – Elana B. Araj
- Rising Star: Litigation – Jennifer A. Surprenant
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2650 attorneys in 45 locations in the United States, Europe and the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia. The firm is a 2022 BTI “Highly Recommended Law Firm” for superior client service and is consistently among the top firms on the Am Law Global 100 and NLJ 250. Greenberg Traurig is Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certified Plus by The Diversity Lab. The firm is recognized for powering its U.S. offices with 100% renewable energy as certified by the Center for Resource Solutions Green-e® Energy program and is a member of the U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership Program. The firm is known for its philanthropic giving, innovation, diversity, and pro bono. Web: www.gtlaw.com.