Our team of lawyers advises clients on all aspects of broadly defined competition and consumer protection law. On cross-border transactions, we cooperate with our colleagues from other Greenberg Traurig offices.
We offer our clients legal services in the following areas:
- Wide-ranging services related to M&A transactions, including, in particular, conducting due diligence analyses of legal risks related to legislation aimed at protecting competition and consumers, devising the entire structure of the transaction from the point of view of anti-monopoly immunity and verification of the manner of consummation of the entire transaction in accordance with the anti-monopoly legislation, notifying the relevant AMOs about the contemplated concentration, representing clients before the President of the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) and the European Commission, coordinating notifications about the contemplated concentration, and proceedings in other jurisdictions.
- Representing clients in proceedings before both the UOKiK President and courts concerning anti-competitive arrangements, abuses of dominant position infringement of collective consumer interests, dawn raids, and financial penalties, as well as representing clients before the European Commission with regard to competition protection matters.
- Advice concerning competition-protection legislation, including, in particular, assisting in shaping distribution systems and any relations between the supplier and its customers, shaping systems for the exchange of information between undertakings, cooperation between competitors, including through trade associations, as well as assistance concerning taking correct market actions by dominant players and the proper shaping of legal relations with consumers.
- Devising and implementing compliance programs (i.e., programs aimed at minimizing the risk of effective intervention by anti-monopoly authorities). Such programs include determining risk areas, preparing internal documentation, such as guidelines for employees, bylaws, etc., training for selected employees, conducting checks on the implementation of the program, including day-to-day legal advice related to legislation dealing with the protection of competition.
- Advice concerning unfair competition (i.e., practices consisting in obstructing access to markets, unfair sales of products, breaches of security of information).
- Representing clients in litigation disputes concerning indemnification for actions restricting competition and in disputes related to unfair competition.