Co-Chair of the National Private Wealth Services Practice Paul McCawley is Named ‘Lawyer of the Year’
NEW YORK – Aug. 28, 2020 – More than 20 attorneys from the Tax Practice and Private Wealth Services Practice of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP were included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in America. In addition, seven attorneys from the firm’s Tax and Private Wealth Services practices are recognized in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
This year, more than 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys from across the firm’s U.S. offices are listed in the publication, more than any other firm, and the 14th consecutive year the firm has achieved this recognition. In addition, 26 of the firm’s attorneys were named Lawyer of the Year, including Paul B. McCawley, who was recognized for Tax Law in Fort Lauderdale.
According to the Best Lawyers website, the attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
The Tax Practice and Private Wealth Services Practice attorneys listed in 2021 Best Lawyers in America are:
- Norman J. Benford, Trusts and Estates
- Frank Cordero, Tax Law
- Michelle Ferreira, Tax Law and Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Michael D. Foster, Tax Law
- Harry J. Friedman, Tax Law
- Fred F. Harris, Tax Law
- Lawrence H. Heller, Trusts and Estates
- Martin Kalb, Trusts and Estates
- Barbara T. Kaplan, Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Linda B. Hirschson, Trusts and Estates
- Marvin A. Kirsner, Tax Law
- Martin L. Lepelstat, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- Samuel L. Levy, Tax Law
- Bradley R. Marsh, Tax Law
- Joel D. Maser, Tax Law
- Paul B. McCawley, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- Craig T. McClung, Tax Law
- Richard M. Petkun, Tax Law
- Sanford C. Presant, Tax Law
- Ozzie A. Schindler, Tax Law
- William R. Siegel, Tax Law
- Mary F. Voce, Tax Law
- Labry Welty, Tax Law
- Diana S.C. Zeydel, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates and Litigation – Trusts and Estates
The Tax and Private Wealth Services Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch are:
- Benjamin Babcock, Tax Law
- Jared S. Baumwell, Tax Law
- Gennette Faust, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- William E. Keenen, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- Pallav Raghuvanshi, Tax Law
- Joshua Prywes Tax Law
- Andrew P. Rubin, Tax Law
About Greenberg Traurig's Tax Practice: To stay competitive in today's global marketplace, international companies must seek out greater efficiency in their tax planning and compliance, including coordinating tax decisions from country to country. For U.S. operations, an environment of increased scrutiny – including passage of more restrictive legislation and focused tax examinations – is quickly becoming the norm, likewise spurring a need for greater self-evaluation and for more frequent representation in controversies and litigation with tax authorities. Greenberg Traurig’s multidisciplinary tax team works closely with clients to address these and other tax planning needs, as well as tax controversies and litigation issues.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Private Wealth Services Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s Private Wealth Services Practice is primarily responsible for assisting individual clients and families in attaining their wealth transfer and estate planning objectives. The team offers integrated income and transfer tax advice that takes into account current and projected changes in the tax and state laws affecting client estate planning.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.